What do we need to start?
- Cake mixture for chocolate cake
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- lollipop sticks
- candy coating (I prefer Wilton’s Candy Melts) in blue and black
How do we start?
- The most easy part is: baking the cake mixture. After your cake is ready, it needs to cool a little bit.
- During that time you can start with the frosting. Just mix the icing sugar and the butter to a smooth mass.
- Take a large mixing bowl and crumble the cake into the bowl. If there are any hard pieces from the cake’s surrounding, just sort them out.
- Add the frosting to the crumbled cake and mix these two up until the mixture is moist.
- Then roll little balls (about 1 1/2 inch) and put them on wax paper or a plate.
- Put the little cakeballs into your fridge over night or into the frezer for about 15 minutes.
- Now you can prepare the eyes for our cookie monsters: roll little balls out of the marzipan. Melt the black candy melts and make a little black dot on each ball – ready!
- After your cakeballs have a solid state, you take them out of the fridge and start melting your blue candy melts.
- Now the dipping part starts. Take a lollipop stick and dip its tip about 1/2 inch into the melted candy coating. Then carefully insert the stick into the cakeball (no more than halfway). Cut a little piece out of your cakepop, carefully. This will be our cookie monster’s mouth.
- Wait half a minute for the candy coating to dry and to fix the lollipop stick. Then you can dip the entire cakeball into the blue coating. Let drain excess coating and place your cakepops either in a cakepop stand or stick them into styrofoam, so they can dry.
- While the candy coating is wet, place the eyes of our cookie monster on the top of the cakeball. Then use some of the black candy coating to paint the mouth. Place a piece of a cookie onto the mouth and ready are our cookie monsters.
- TIPP: who doesn’t have blue candy melts may use coconut fluffs instead. You just need to color them with blue food coloring. You dip the whole cakeball into candy melts, then roll the wet cakeball into the coconut fluffs, place the eyes (fix them with alittle drop of candy coating) and ready🙂
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. I’ll come up with some more ideas, soon.